I remember back when my Mum and Dad use to do a lot of caravanning when I was a kid. They often swapped tips, ideas and recipes with other travelers that they met along the way. This is one recipe that Mum swapped with a lady she met in Alice Springs. Easy to cook and uses basic ingredients- perfect for a tasty meal whilst travelling.
- 500g of Chicken pieces (chicken thighs cut into even strips works best) Breadcrumbs (enough to coat the chicken)
- Salt & Pepper
- ½ cup of milk to help breadcrumbs stick- or use an egg-wash for a thicker coat
- 3 tablespoons of Tomato Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Lemon Juice (less or more depending on your taste for tangyness)
- 1 tablespoon of Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Honey
Coat the chicken strips with the breadcrumbs, by firstly dipping the chicken into the milk or egg-wash.
Place chicken in a fry pan or on the BBQ till cooked and golden brown.
Prepare the glaze by heating all the ingredients together in a saucepan until slightly thickened
Serve glaze over the chicken
A versatile chicken meal served with almost any side dish. Our family’s favourite with a serve of fried rice.